Developing ovarian cysts is quite normal during your childbearing years. Most of them are harmless and go away on their own without you even knowing that you had them. However, some cysts can grow large enough to cause pain or discomfort. In rare cases, they might rupture and cause serious complications.
In this article, we will talk about the top 5 things you should know about ovarian cysts but before we talk about that, let’s first understand what an ovarian cyst is.
An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac that develops on or near the ovary. The majority of ovarian cysts are benign (non-cancerous) and don’t cause any symptoms. But in some cases, they might grow large enough to cause pain or discomfort. Now you might be wondering What size of ovarian cyst is dangerous? Generally speaking, if the cyst is larger than 2.5 inches or 6 cm, it might be cause for concern.
Now let us take a look at the top 5 things you should know about ovarian cysts
- Most ovarian cysts are benign- Most of them are benign, which means they’re not cancerous. In fact, most women will develop at least one benign ovarian cyst during their lifetime. These cysts usually don’t cause any symptoms and go away on their own within a few months.
- Some ovarian cysts can be cancerous- Although most of them are benign, some might be cancerous. This type of ovarian cyst is called a malignant ovarian tumor or ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer is relatively rare, but it’s important to be aware of the symptoms so you can catch it early.
- Symptoms of ovarian cysts vary- The symptoms of an ovarian cyst depend on the size of the cyst and whether it’s ruptured. Some women with ovarian cysts might not have any symptoms at all. But others might experience pain in the lower abdomen, pelvic pain, bloating, or irregular periods.
- Treatment for ovarian cysts depends on the type- Treatment for an ovarian cyst depends on the type of cyst you have. Benign ovarian cysts usually don’t require treatment and go away on their own within a few months. If you have a malignant ovarian tumor, you’ll need to undergo surgery to remove it. In some cases, you might also need to undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts- There’s no surefire way to prevent all types of ovarian cysts. But you can reduce your risk by not taking birth control pills and avoiding certain medications, such as Tamoxifen. You should also see your doctor regularly for checkups so they can monitor your ovarian health.
If you think you might have an ovarian cyst, it’s important to see your doctor so they can diagnose and treat it properly. You can get a Simple ovarian cyst treatment at Yashoda IVF Centre, the best IVF hospital in Navi Mumbai. Now that we are familiar with it, let us understand what causes Ovarian Cysts and How fast they grow.
What Causes Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts can be caused by a variety of things, including:
Hormonal imbalances can cause the ovaries to produce too many eggs, which can lead to the formation of ovarian cysts.
Bacterial infections can cause the ovaries to become inflamed, this inflamed ovary can then develop into a cyst.
Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus grows outside of the uterus. When there is external growth of this tissue, the chances of developing ovarian cysts are increased.
Birth control pills:
The hormones in birth control pills can sometimes disrupt the normal functioning of the ovaries, which can lead to the development of cysts.
Pregnancy can cause the formation of ovarian cysts. These cysts are usually benign and go away on their own after the baby is born.
These are the most common causes of it. However, there are other less common causes as well. If you have any concerns, it’s always best to see your doctor for a proper diagnosis.
How fast do Ovarian Cysts grow?
Now our next concern is, How fast do ovarian cysts grow? Let us try to understand it with the help of an example.
If we consider a simple cyst, it can grow at the rate of about 1 cm per month. However, if we consider a complex cyst, it can grow at a much faster rate of about 5 cm per month. The growth of it can vary depending on the type of cyst you have. Cysts that are caused by hormonal imbalances might grow quickly, while those that are caused by infections might grow slowly. In most cases, It will go away on its own within a few months. However, in some cases, they might need to be treated with surgery.
How Can Yahosda IVF Center Help You?
Yashoda IVF Center is a well-reputed IVF hospital in Navi Mumbai and can provide you with the treatment you need for your ovarian cysts. We have a team of the best gynecologists in Navi Mumbai that can help you with your problem. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest technology and we provide personalized care to each and every patient. Our experts understand the importance of early detection and treatment of it and will work with you to ensure that you receive the best possible care. They are well-trained and qualified to provide you with an effective treatment plan that will help you get rid of it.
If you think you might have an ovarian cyst, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have and provide you with the treatment you need. Your search for the best IVF hospital in Kamothe, Navi Mumbai ends here. We prioritize your safety and comfort and will make sure that you are comfortable throughout the treatment process. Contact us today to book an appointment with our team of experts.