Couple fertility consultation
As the name suggests, couple fertility consultation is the first step for the process. Once the couple takes an appointment, they first meet with a Jr. Doctor who will ask about detailed medical history & other related information. All info is collected & presented to the IVF fertility specialist who evaluates the same before consult. The couple is then directed to meet the IVF fertility specialist who while consultation will co-relate medical history with the sonography & any other diagnostic evaluation.
Frequently asked questions
1. What is Infertility?
Infertility is not being able to get pregnant after having regular intercourse for one year without using any kind of birth control (Contraception)
2. Is Infertility just a woman’s problem?
No, Infertility is not always a woman’s problem certain male factor also contribute infertility. In fact up to 30% of times the issue is due to male infertility.
3. Which are the factors that can lead to Infertility?
Emotional stress, malnutrition, smoking, Excessive caffeine intake, alcohol, age, drug as well as certain medical conditions such as obesity, diabetes, thyroid, cancer, etc may lead to infertility.
4. What are the signs & symptoms of Infertility?
The main symptom of infertility is the inability to get pregnant. In some cases, an infertile couple may have signs of hormonal problems such as the following:
- Abnormal or painful menstrual periods, hair growth on face, etc. in the infertile woman
- Changes in hair growth, low sperm count or sexual problem, etc. in the infertile man.
In case you have any of the above mentioned symptoms, kindly consult Expert Doctors.
5. When should the couple have intercourse if they are planning to conceive?
At Yashoda IVF we believe the Timing of the intercourse is important for couples who are trying to conceive.
The first day of the menses is called Day 1. In a 28-days cycle, at around 13th-14th days of the cycle, an egg is released from one of the ovaries (ovulation). This egg goes through the fallopian tube towards the uterus. If an intercourse takes place around this time, the sperms enter through the vagina & meet the egg in the fallopian tube (fertilization). If the fertilized egg gets attached to the inside of the uterus (implantation), pregnancy is said to have occurred. Infertility can result if there are problems that interfere with any of these steps.
Yashoda IVF suggests that the Female is more likely to conceive if the couple has intercourse 3-4 days before & after the days of ovulation. This is called as fertile period (~ 11th to 18th days of the cycle).
6. Can I know how fertile I am?
Yes Yashoda IVF has a sperm health test for Man to know his sperm quality & for Women an Ovulation study is done by the expert doctors to know her fertility which also helps the couple to get pregnant naturally.
7. What are the dos & don’ts after intercourse if a couple is trying to conceive?
Yashoda IVF suggests after having intercourse, some of the semen (the thick white fluid containing sperms that a male ejaculates) flows out of the vagina. After an intercourse, the female partner should do the following:
- Avoid any vigorous movement. Standing up immediately can cause the semen to leak out. Wait for some time before getting up & moving around.
- Put a pillow under the pelvis (Buttocks) to help tilt the body so the sperms can travel upwards easily.
- Lie down on the back with time to retain the semen in the vagina.
- Avoid douching (introducing a stream of water into the vagina). It can wash out the sperms that have just entered the uterus.
- Sometimes when a couple is trying to conceive the stress may affect the quality of sex life. Experts advise to Try & make sex enjoyable to increase the chance of pregnancy.
- Expert advises taking vitamins & folic acid tablets prescribed by the doctor are very important if the couple is trying to conceive.
8. How can emotional stress be managed during infertility treatment?
- Experts advice, do not suppress your feeling. Talking with your partner, friends & family will help you feel better.
- Ask expert doctor at Yashoda IVF about the different treatment options for infertility.
- Don’t let infertility take over your life: Try to fill your life & your relationship with things other than talking only about infertility.
- Keep sex fun: Try to keep things loving & exciting rather than treating it like a duty. Light candles, play fun music, take a vacation or watch romantic movies, or do whatever makes you & your partner feel good.
- Seek counselling from the doctor or a professional counsellor to cope with the emotional stress of infertility as well as before during treatment.
- For more information, kindly consult Expert doctors at Yashoda IVF Centre.
Call : 720-8485-474 (For IVF & Fertility Only)